11th Feb 2020
Ways to spend great days out in Megève
- Snowshoe hikes Join SB Ski’s favourite guide, Gary, and get to places the skiers can’t reach! A great idea for a Friday, when there are no ski lessons. Guide price: 45 euros for a half day (based on 4 people) including snowshoe rental. Carbon emissions 0%; happiness emissions 100%! www.bigsmileadventures.com
- Parapente from the top of the mountain and float down in tandem – with an instructor of course! A decent from the top of Mont Joux down to the Rosay restaurant costs 80 euros.
- View Megève and Mont Blanc from the air – in a helicopter or light Aircraft from Côte 2000; or in a hot air balloon (from Praz sur Arly, about 3kms out of Megève).
- Go ice-skating at the open air ice rink in the town, or the Olympic-sized indoor rink at the Palais des Sports leisure centre. Both are within 5 minutes walking distance of the chalet.
- Try nordic skiing – peaceful trails and fresh air.
- Visit Megève’s well-equipped gym, or take a swim at the Palais des Sports leisure centre.
- Treat yourself to a relaxing massage by resident massage therapist at the Hotel Chalet d’Antoine. (Prices from 25 euros, payable in the chalet). Please email email@example.com to pre-book.
- Visit one of the many spas in the village, recommended ones are at the Palais des Sports leisure centre, and Le Fer à Cheval hotel.
- Take a horse-drawn sleigh around the village, particularly lovely after dark. Prices from 30 euros for 15 minutes.
- Enjoy coffee and cakes at a Salon de Thé in the main square – and people watch!
- There’s a local cinema in town which occasionally shows English-speaking films. Ask in the chalet for the programme.
Interesting places to visit in the neighbourhood
- Megève is ideally positioned for day trips to other pretty and local places of interest like Lake Geneva or Lake Annecy, or to see the mighty Mont Blanc in Chamonix.
- Visit the local Friday market in Sallanches.
Further information available in the chalet, or please ask one of the SB Ski team for advice.